With the upcoming long weekend, Netcare 911 emergency medical service has provided Rekord Centurion with the below tips on how to prevent airbag injuries.
– Adjust your seat so that there is at least 25cm between the centre of your chest and the centre of the steering wheel.
– Direct the airbag to the chest and not the face by raising the seat or using a cushion (alternatively, you can adjust the steering wheel downward).
– Never place your hands on the steering wheel where airbags deploy, but rather on the outside of the steering wheel.
– Hold the steering wheel at the 9 and 3 o’clock positions.
– Never place a child in the left front passenger side, especially if your vehicle has an airbag.
– Read your car’s manual for specific information about the airbags in your vehicle.