The glamorous annual fifth Royalty Soapie Awards took place over the weekend where talented, extraordinary actors put their best foot forward and strutted the red carpet to celebrate one anothers nominations and wins.
The awards show took place at the Radisson Hotel & Convention Centre in Johannesburg and was hosted by actress Enhle Mbali Mlotshwa, alongside comedian and radio personality Felix Hlophe.
Spotted on the red carpet and in the seated crowds at the ceremony were celebrities such as former Boom Shaka singer Thembi Seete, comedian Tumi Morake, Generations actress Sophie Ndaba, Soul City actor Vusi Kunene, Muvhango actress Phuti Khomo, The River actress Linda Mtoba and many more.
“My heartiest salutation to all the winners tonight, these awards recognise and celebrate the diligence and devotion to your craft.
“Notwithstanding the difficult period we find ourselves in due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we still managed to attain a lot.
“It is through film and television that life becomes, and for that, we thank our cast and crew who continue to redefine, reinvent and reimagine their crafts for the viewers,” said the founder and CEO of the Royalty Soapie Awards, Winnie Ntshaba.
Here is a list of some of the Royalty Soapie Awards winners:
- Lilian Dube for the Lifetime Achievement award
- Jessica Nkosi for Outstanding Female Villain as Thando Sebata in The Queen
- Lusanda Mbane for Outstanding Lead Actress as Boniswa Langa in The Estate
- Ditebogo for Outstanding Young Performer as Mbali in Generations: The Legacy
- Nompumelelo Vilakazi for Outstanding newcomer as Sne Gwala in DiepCity
- uBettina Wethu for Outstanding Lighting Direction
- Gomora season 2 for Outstanding Makeup & Hairstyling
- The Estate for Outstanding Wardrobe and Outstanding Writing Team