What happens when you combine strawberry lemonade and a traditional mojito? A uniquely fruity drink that will leave you wanting more.
As strawberry season starts in spring, now is the perfect time to think about whipping up a big batch of this cocktail.
This recipe, originally shared by All4Women, is unlike anything you’ve ever had before.
1½ cup fresh strawberries, pureed
250ml (1 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
1¼ cup granulated sugar
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
30ml white rum
30ml strawberry lemonade
Juice of half a lime
Extra lime slices, for serving
Fresh mint leaves
2 stems fresh rosemary, for garnishing
1. Start by making the strawberry lemonade. Place the strawberry puree, lemon juice, sugar and rosemary in a saucepan.
2. Bring up to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
3. Simmer on medium-high for about 10 minutes until slightly reduced and syrupy.
4. Remove the rosemary sprigs and strain to remove the strawberry seeds.
5. Pour into a sterilised bottle and seal.
6. For the cocktails, combine the Limoncello, rum and lime juice.
7. Pour into a chilled glass and top with club soda and swizzle gently to combine.
8. Add fresh lemon slices and mint leaves.
9. Rest the rosemary stems on the rim of the glass and light just before serving.
Recipe by Diane Bibby, courtesy of Bibby’s Kitchen @ 36