Bake these scrumptious queen cakes, which are super easy and quick to make, and enjoy them with a cup of tea, cappuccino or coffee.
We have also added a vegan version of this delicious recipe.
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 ¾ cups of self-rising flour, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten, divided
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 24 fairy cake cases (muffin cups) or line with paper liners.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add half of the flour and half of the eggs; whisk until smooth. Add remaining flour and eggs and whisk until batter is light and fluffy; spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe was found on allrecipes.com
Vegan queen cakes
- 200ml of plant milk
- 20ml of white vinegar
- 200g of self raising flour
- 200g of caster sugar
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80ml of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put 12 cake cases into a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Stir the vinegar into the milk and leave to stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (about five minutes).
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and stir to mix.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the milk.
- Slowly pour the milk into the dry ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly.
- The mixture is quite wet, so it is easiest if you now transfer it to a jug to make it easy to pour into the cake cases.
- Pour the mixture into the cake cases evenly, and not quite full to the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown on top. They should spring back to the touch, and a skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack. Then store in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
- If you like, you can ice them with our buttercream icing and decorate.
This recipe was found on superhappywinfood.co.uk