Recipe: Easy Caprese chicken
A quick and healthy dinner option featuring some favourite flavours.
Easy Caprese chicken. Picture: Supplied
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp basil pesto
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 cup green beans
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pack mozzarella, sliced
½ cup basil leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven 180°C. Cut tinfoil into two 30cm x 30cm squares.
2. Make crosswise cuts every 1cm along the chicken, slicing to the bottom but not all the way through.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Fill the cuts with a dollop of pesto, a slice of mozzarella and a slice of tomato.
5. Add each chicken breast to the center of the foil squares over a bed of green beans and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken breasts, covering both completely and sealing the packet closed.
7. Place the foil packets into the oven and bake until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe supplied by Foodies of SA