Avatar photo

By Neil McCartney

Photographer and Multimedia Journalist


WATCH: Benoni house destroyed in suspected load shedding-related fire

Ekurhuleni Emergency Services had their hands full responding to a house fire in Benoni.


Firefighters had to douse the flames after a house in Benoni caught alight on Wednesday afternoon.

It is suspected that the fire, which razed a house in Elston Avenue, was the result of an electrical fault, and started as load shedding ended.

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault caused the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after load shedding. Pictures: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Ekurhuleni firefighters douse a house that was on fire, 19 April 2023. It is suspected that an electrical fault cause the house to burn due to the fire starting as electricity was restored after loadshedding. Picture: Neil McCartney / The Citizen

Watch: Riverlea secondary school catches fire

Read more on these topics

benoni Fire firefighters