The Mogwase Magistrates Court has postponed the case against a 42-year-old woman accused of murdering and dismembering her husband.
The bail application will now be heard on 21 September 2021.
The postponement was granted after technical glitches with recording devices at the court.
The state and the defence attorney had initially agreed to continue with the bail application on Friday.
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said it intends to oppose bail for the accused.
Zimbabwean-born Nancy Majonhi was living with her husband, Prosper Chipungare, 44, at a rented room in Ledig near Sun City.
North West police said the couple got into an argument on Tuesday, 28 July 2015.
Majonhi allegedly assaulted her husband with a hammer until he fainted.
She then hacked him with a spade and threw the body parts into three different pit latrines.
After the murder, Majonhi allegedly cleaned the room where the incident took place – removing all traces of the violent confrontation
She then went to the Sun City police station to report her husband missing.
Majonhi is believed to have then fled to her home in Zimbabwe.
After some years, she allegedly confessed to her family and in-laws that she had killed her husband. She reported being haunted by his spirit, and it was giving her sleepless nights.
The families arranged to come to South Africa, Sun City and hand herself over to the police.
Majonhi later pointed the police to the different pit latrines where she threw the body parts, six years ago.
An investigation by the police is underway. They have also managed to retrieve a skull and bones which will be subjected to DNA tests.
So far, Majohni has made two appearances in the Mogwase Magistrates Court for a murder charge.