Orlando Pirates host Mamelodi Sundowns in what is expected to be a thrilling Absa Premiership match this evening.
Masandawana trail log leaders Kaizer Chiefs by nine points heading into tonight’s match. The Buccaneers were runners-up to Masandawana last season, but the 2019/20 season got off to a difficult start for Pirates as they find themselves in the mid-table.
Here are some quick match facts heading into tonight’s clash:
- In their last 10 games, Pirates have won four, drawn four and lost two.
- Pirates are undefeated in their last 20 home matches (in the Absa Premiership).
- Pirates have scored at least two goals in eight of their last 10 home matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in five of Orlando Pirates‘s last six games.
- In their last 10 games, Sundowns have won seven and drawn three with no losses.
- Sundowns are undefeated in their last eight away matches against Orlando Pirates in all competitions.
- Sundowns have kept a clean sheet in their last three matches (in the Absa Premiership).
- Sundowns have kept a clean sheet in five of their last seven matches against Orlando Pirates in all competitions.