1kg pork fillet
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
45ml (3 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
10 Calamata olives, pitted and halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
250g full fat mascarpone cream cheese
1 x 285g tin button mushrooms, drained and sliced
30ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
50g salted butter
45ml (3 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
Roasted frozen potato wedges, to serve
Green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pork fillet on a wooden chopping board and cut it ⅔ of the way through, horizontally, to butterfly it. Flatten the meat slightly with a wooden rolling pin.
2. Season to taste and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place the halved Calamata olives on one side of the meat, together with the garlic.
3. Mix the mascarpone cream cheese and mushrooms together, spread over the olives and sprinkle with the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
4. Roll up the fillet and secure with kitchen string, tied at intervals along its length.
5. Place a stovetop-to-oven casserole dish over low-medium heat, melt the butter, add the 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil and place the fillet in the hot oil. Gently turn the fillet until evenly browned all over. Place in the oven to roast, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow the pork fillet to rest, a few seconds, before slicing and serving it with the roast potato wedges and a fresh green salad alongside.
Brought to you by Food and Home