Our very own Table Mountain has been nominated in the World’s Leading Attraction 2019 award at the World Travel Awards scheduled to take place at the Royal Opera House Muscat in Oman in November.
The tourist attraction will be competing with Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, Great Wall of China, Las Vegas Strip in the USA, Mount Kilimajaro and the Taj Mahal in India, among other tourist attractions.
The Port of Durban will also be vying for the World’s Leading Cruise Port award against the Port of Louis Harbour in Mauritius, Port Victoria in Seychelles, and the Lisbon Cruise Port, among others.
The South African Airways received a nod in the World’s Leading Airline – Economy Class 2019, along with the British Airways and Qatar Airways, to name a few. It was also nominated in the general World’s Leading Airline category, along with American Airlines, Emirates, Kenya Airways, and Air Canada, among others.
The Cape Town International Airport and OR Tambo International Airport were nominated in the World’s Leading Airport category.
The South African Airways airport lounges seem to need a bit of improvement as they failed to receive a nomination in all categories.
However, its inflight service is among the best in the world, with a nomination against the Emirates and British Airways, among others.
The SAA also offers one of the best inflight magazines as Sawubona received a nod in the category.
Cape Town was also nominated in the World’s Leading City Break Destination, along with Athens in Greece and Sydney in Australia.
It also made it onto the World’s Leading City Destination list, with Durban and London among some of the cities that were nominated.
South Africa is among the world’s leading destinations in 2019, along with Mauritius, Kenya, and Rwanda, to name a few.
Only African countries will be competing against each other in the World’s Leading Safari Destination category with Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe being nominated.
South Africa’s tourism board is also among the best in the world.
South Africa’s Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa is among one of the world’s leading boutique hotels in 2019, while the Tinstwalo Safari lodge was nominated in the world’s leading experiential luxury property category.
Sun City is among one of the world’s best family resorts, world’s leading fully integrated resort, and also the world’s leading hotel dining and entertainment experience.
The Nelson Mandela Platinum Suite @ Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa was nominated in the World’s leading hotel suite, while Sun City again made world’s leading landmark resorts list.
These were some of the nominations South Africa’s tourist attractions received:
- World’s Leading Luxury Family Resort 2019 – Sun City
- World’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa 2019 – Villa Two @ Ellerman House, South Africa
- World’s Leading Luxury Lodge 2019 – Safari Lodge, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve, Silvan Safari, Zulu Camp at Shambala Private Game Reserve
- World’s Leading Luxury Suites Hotel 2019 – Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa, South Africa
- World’s Leading MICE Hotel 2019 – Sun City Resort and The Westin Cape Town
- World’s Leading Palace Hotel 2019 – The Palace of the Lost City
- World’s Leading Safari Resort 2019- Legend Golf & Safari Resort, South Africa
- World’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2019 – Durban International Convention Centre
- World’s Leading Conservation Company 2019 – Shamwari Game Reserve
- World’s Leading Luxury Private Villa 2019 – Villa iZulu @ Thanda Safari
Voting closes on October 20, 2019.
Follow this link to vote: https://www.worldtravelawards.com